English Language Arts Teacher
St HOPE Leadership Academy is a college-preparatory public charter middle school in Harlem, New York City. The school opened in 2008 and serves students in grades 5 through 8. St HOPE provides a rigorous curriculum, intensive interventions for students performing below grade level, and a defined character development program in a structured and disciplined learning environment. At St HOPE, community service is valued by students, parents and staff. To help meet our students’ diverse learning needs, each core class at St HOPE is taught utilizing a collaborative co-teaching model. St HOPE provides multiple opportunities for leadership at the department and grade team level. In addition, St HOPE provides a $2,000 stipend per year to every staff member to explore external opportunities for professional development.
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
• NYS teaching certification or eligibility to be certified
• Special Education certification highly preferred
• Love of literature, knowledge of YA books, and a passion for reading and writing
• Ability to work as part of a high performing team, including exceptional communication and organizational skills
• Desire to work in an urban middle school, experience in NYC or other urban setting preferred
• Demonstrated belief that all children deserve an excellent education
Qualified candidates should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately.